The Entrepreneurial School Awards
The Entrepreneurial School Awards is an annual recognition of the outstanding primary and secondary schools championing entrepreneurship education.
Nominations are submitted by national JA organisations working with their national education authorities. Entrepreneurial (academic and vocational) schools across Europe will be selected at national level for their entrepreneurial vision and outstanding implementation of entrepreneurship education programmes.
To be eligible for The Entrepreneurial Sschool Awards, schools must:
- Put on entrepreneurship education activities that include most of their teachers and students
- Have a vision and a plan
- Allocate specific resources
- Actively support teachers' continuing professional development and training
- Include the local community and business sector.
Prior to the award ceremony, headmasters and teachers are invited to participate in a workshop to exchange good practices and network with colleagues from across Europe.
Official partner of the European Vocational Skills Week
Since 2018, JA Europe has been invited by the European Commission to present a special TES Award rewarding one outstanding VET secondary school during the European Vocational Skills Week. This award is part of the VET innovators category and will recognise the VET school most able to demonstrate the impact of entrepreneurship education on its students as well as in an innovative and collaborative way.
The school will be selected based on the following criteria:
- The school can prove a measurable impact on students by integrating entrepreneurship education in the curriculum
- The school implements state of the art technology (4.0, simulators, ICT enhanced learning, social media, online collaboration, other digital tools, etc.)
- The school has integrated a European dimension in the school plans for both teachers and students