26 JA Europe member organisations receive 2020 Model Nation Award19 November 2020
This morning, 26 member organisations in Europe received the 2020 Model Nation Award during JA Europe's General Assembly, hosted digitally by Junior Achievement (JA) Albania due to the disruption caused by COVID-19. The Award is designed to recognise the member organisations performing at high-quality standards during the last reporting year, meeting or exceeding benchmarks for a minimum of 80% of JA Europe's key performance indicators (KPIs) established to that end.
The countries that have received this award in 2020 are:
- Austria, Junior Achievement Austria (JA Austria)
- Belgium, Vlaamse Jonge Ondernemingen (VLAJO)
- Bulgaria, Junior Achievement Bulgaria (JA Bulgaria)
- Cyprus, Junior Achievement Cyprus (JA Cyprus)
- Czechia, JA Czech
- Denmark, Fonden for Entreprenørskab / Danish Foundation for Entrepreneurship
- Estonia, Junior Achievement Eesti (JA Eesti)
- Finland, Nuori Yrittäjyys - Ung Företagsamhet (JA Finland)
- France, Entreprendre pour Apprendre (EPA)
- Georgia, Junior Achievement Georgia (JA Georgia)
- Germany, IW Junior (JA Germany)
- Greece, Junior Achievement Greece (JA Greece)
- Israel, Young Entrepreneurs Israel
- Italy, Junior Achievement Italy (JA Italia)
- Latvia, Junior Achievement Latvia (JA Latvia)
- Lithuania, Junior Achievement Lithuania (JA Lietuva)
- Malta, Junior Achievement - Young Enterprise Malta Foundation (JAYE Malta)
- Moldova, Junior Achievement Moldova (JA Moldova)
- Norway, Ungt Entreprenørskap (UE Norge)
- Portugal, Junior Achievement Portugal (JA Portugal)
- Romania, Junior Achievement Romania (JA Romania)
- Russia, Junior Achievement Russia (JA Russia)
- Slovakia, Junior Achievement Slovakia (JA Slovensko)
- Spain, Fundación Junior Achievement España (JA Spain)
- Sweden, Ung Företagsamhet (UF Sverige)
- Switzerland, Young Enterprise Switzerland (YE Switzerland)
Furthermore, 14 out of those 26 organisations exceeded 90% of JA Europe KPIs, increasing from 6 organisations out of 30 in 2019. This is a remarkable distinction, as our network has been under unprecedented pressure for the past months yet has not failed on its mission to empower young people with the skills they need for the future.
TJ Bata Quality Award
In addition, the TJ Bata Quality Award was presented during the General Assembly 2020. Since 2009, this award recognises the member organisation that performs long-term at high quality standards and substantially contributes to achieving JA Europe's strategic goals.
A selection committee made up of JA Europe's Board members reviews the qualifiers and proposes the winner. This year's committee was composed by Thomas A. Bata, Global Chief Marketing Officer at Bata; and Irene Cervellera Micheli, Angel Investor for start-ups. 10 were the candidates for the award, which after a hard selection process went to our member organisation Nuori Yrittäjyys / Ung Företagsamhet (JA Finland). The rest of the candidates this year were: Austria, Bulgaria, Denmark, Germany, Latvia, Malta, Norway, Sweden and Switzerland.
JA Finland was chosen as - in the view of the selection committee - it "more than meets all the criteria, including student growth, school penetration, volunteer and alumni engagement, and involvement in the European network". JA Finland has been a Model Nation 6 times and won the TJ Bata Quality Award for the first time. In spite of the difficult situation connected with the COVID-19 pandemic from the spring onwards, the organisation showed progression in all areas of performance.
The jury was particularly impressed by JA Finland's strong focus on both external and internal strategy, as it staff has grown exponentially in the past 5 years and the organisation managed to get the Ministry of Education an the Ministry of Labour on board, gaining the support from many new partners as well. In addition, JA Finland is an active member of the JA Nordic network, and started a new Erasmus+ together with Estonia and Latvia, focusing on the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Company Programme. JA Finland was also the host and financially supported the JA Europe Entrepreneurial School (TES) Awards in Helsinki in 2019.